NEW: Senior Exhibition Opportunity Spring 2014
Have you always wanted the opportunity to curate your own show? Wished you could show with your friends? Have a good idea for an exhibition? Dreamed of having your senior show off campus? Ready to start showing in the real world? Well, now you can!
Beverly’s Mingo Gallery and Porter Mill have opened up their walls to Montserrat and are accepting proposals for 2-3 person exhibitions of featuring graduating seniors.
If your proposal is accepted this will count as your senior show!
Shows can be group curated or have an individual curator. A student can curate a show without including artwork created by him/herself and participate as an exhibiting artist in another exhibition. However, each student can only exhibit work in one show, either at 301, Mingo or Porter Mill.
So how do you do it? It’s easy:
1. Submit a 300-450 word curatorial statement describing the theme of your show, the individual artists, the type of works you expect to be in it (we know you are still making work) and the connections between the works.
2. List each of the artist’s name and contact information: email and cell phone.
3. Submit a 150-300 word Artist Statement for each individual participant that describes the work both physically in terms of materials and process and in terms of content and ideas.
4. Submit 2-4 images per artist of work that are representative of work that will be in the show. Images should be jpegs, 300 dpi, no bigger than 1mb and be titled with the artists last name and a number: bradbury1.jpg, bradbury2.jpg
5. Submit all proposals using the free website wetransfer.com to Leonie Bradbury email@example.com by January 17, 2014, 5pm. Only proposals sent using wetransfer will be accepted.
Proposals are due JANUARY 17, 2014. Late proposals are NOT accepted!!!
Please Contact Pamela Campenaro, Leonie Bradbury or Ethan Berry if you have questions or need help with your proposal.